A credit card is a payment card issued to users by banks or other financial institutions. It enables the cardholders to pay money for the good that they want to purchase. Credit cards are different from a charge card and debit cards.
Read through the article to know what is a credit card? How to use credit cards? And its benefits
What is a credit card?
Credit card is a rectangular plastic card that is issued by banks and financial institutions. The holder of a credit card can buy items without having to pay money. It allows you to borrow money from the issuing institution to buy anything. Credit card benefits are plenty. It is the most common type of electronic transaction available in the world.
In a credit card, a third party is involved, which is the issuing institution. This third party pays the seller when the cardholder purchases and gets reimbursed by the buyer.
How to use a credit card?
When it comes to using a credit card, most of them are hesitant to apply for one. One common question that they ask is credit card good.
Step 1: After getting a credit card check to see if all your details are right.
Step 2: Safe keep the card number and PIN
Step 3: Swipe the card only in a secure place
Step 4: Pay the card bill on time to avoid extra charges
Step 5: Track your expenses when using a credit card
Benefits of credit cards
Benefits of a credit card are huge in number. Top three credit card benefits are as follows:
- Convenient to use during emergencies
- No need to carry money
- Rewards and cash back
Also Read: How Cash Back Credit Card Work?
Top ten reasons to use credit card
- It’s quick and easy: Using a credit card is simple and easy. It can be carried in a wallet easily. It can be used to pay for any items purchased without worrying about cash.
- Say no to cash: Forget going to an ATM or standing in line for an ATM, because now everyone is using credit cards today. With a credit card, there is no need for carrying money. And there is less threat of losing money when robbed.
- Pay your monthly expenses automatically: Every credit card user will be equipped with an automated billing option. This means your utility bill, phone bill, anything else you pay monthly it can be paid automatically by your credit card.
- It works as a low-cost loan: One of the benefits of the Credit card is that it provides low-cost loans service. In case you don’t have money to pay, use a credit card to pay for it. It can also be used for applying and paying EMI’s
- It is useful for tracking your expenses: Importance of credit card is undeniable when used right. Credit card statements are built-in express trackers. In this way, you can always know where, when, how much, how often you are spending.
- They protect against frauds: One of the biggest credit card uses the level of ford protection they offer. In case you lose your credit card, it will be held on hold. This is because the issuer of the card blocks it until further notice.
- It can be used for online shopping: Online shopping can be done easily with credit cards. In fact, some cards carriers’ cash back on certain purchases. In this way, you earn money while shopping.
- Acts as emergency money: Credit card users can use it as emergency money. In case of any unforeseen expenses, pay it off with a credit card. In this way, you can avoid taking loans or borrowing money from friends and family.
- It comes with rewards: Yet another biggest reason for using a credit card is that it rewards. The card when swiped at certain places provides cash back. This is based on the rules and regulation of the credit card issuing company.
- They’re universally accepted: The last benefit of using a Credit card is that they are accepted universally. These cards are more readily accepted than debit cards. There is hardly any store, hospital or petrol bunk that doesn’t accept credit cards. These cards are also accepted internationally when converted from domestic to international. Next time when you are on a foreign trip use a credit card instead of cash.
Credit cards are one of the best e – payment services in the world. The cardholders can enjoy using them provided they are disciplined. And also are aware of their payments and maintain a budget. The reasons for credit card uses are plenty. But the article lists the top ten reasons for using a credit card. We hope that the article has helped you learn the meaning and importance of credit cards.
Image Credit: pexels