o begin with, the Regional Transport Office is an important administrative body in India. Further, all states in India have a designated RTO that carries out multiple functions. RTO Gujarat is one such office that carries out various activities relating to vehicles.
Read through the article to learn more about Gujarat RTO rules and regulations. The article will also include information about Gujarat RTO vehicle registration details
Gujarat (GJ) RTO
Gujarat RTO is the transport department of Government of Gujarat. The department is entrusted with the responsibility of providing an effective transport system. Gujarat RTO is solely responsible for implementing and monitoring transport rules and policies. The services of RTO are available for both individuals and businesses. In other words, Gujarat RTO g2b and g2c government services are readily available.
How to Get Vehicle Insurance in Gujarat?
As per RTO rules, vehicles registering must include a valid insurance copy. In other words, vehicle insurance is mandatory in India. In the state of Gujarat vehicles must have a third part insurance. The insurance covers an individual against any damages to person or property. Apart from this, a person can also opt for a comprehensive insurance plan. A comprehensive insurance provides coverage against damages to self, vehicle and third party.
Both the above-mentioned types of insurance are available with the vehicle dealer. In addition to them, private insurance companies also offer insurance service. Lastly, check out RTO Gujarat website for more information on insurance.
Gujarat RTO Codes with Office Locations
In the state of Gujarat RTO offices are located in multiple districts. Use the below list as RTO Gujarat number check to know the location of the vehicle registration.
Gujarat RTO list of codes and office locations are as follow:
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS (ALL GUJARAT STATE ROAD TRANSPORT BUSES ARE REGISTERED UNDER THIS SERIES.)||RTO CODE|
|WIAA, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad||GJ-1-W||Dahod||GJ-20|
|SabarKantha||GJ-9||Surat West (Pal)||GJ-28|
|Kutch / Kachchh||GJ-12||Gandhidham – Tehsil (Taluko) of Kutch District||GJ-31|
|Panchmahal||GJ-17||Morbi (Morvi) District||GJ-36|
Types of Vehicle Registration in Gujarat
There are only two types of vehicle registration in Gujarat. They are permanent registration and temporary registration.
Temporary registration of the vehicle is obtained from the dealer of the vehicle. It is issued for a newly purchased four-wheeler. The aim of temporary registration is to identify the vehicle. However, a temporary registration is valid only for one month. Within one month the vehicle has to be permanently registered in an RTO.
Every vehicle in India must be registered with an RTO. Similarly, vehicle owners in Gujarat must carry an RC while driving on the road. To obtain an RC, the vehicle must be registered in Gujarat RTO. RTO vehicle information Gujarat is listed clearly in the Registration certificate of the vehicle. In other words, essential information about the vehicle is mentioned in the RC.
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Gujarat?
Registering a vehicle in Gujarat is simple. The vehicle owner willing to register his vehicle must visit an RTO office. Further, at the time of the visit, he must submit an application form. Along with the form, the vehicle owner must attach supporting documents. After successful submission of the documents, the transport authority with carrying out verification.
Later on, the RTO offices in Gujarat will issue an RC for all vehicles successful registered. Lastly, to find RTO Gujarat RC book status checks with the office.
Functions of Gujarat Transport Department (GJ Transport)
As stated previously in the article, Gujarat RTO is responsible for providing an efficient transport system. The different functions of the RTO are as follow:
- Registration of the vehicles: the primary function of Gujarat RTO is registering vehicles. Further, for vehicle registration RTO Gujarat online appointment service is available.
- Issuing of license: The next function of RTO in Gujarat is an issue of driving license. RTO Gujarat driving license is issued only to eligible candidates. Further, the passing of the RTO exam in Gujarat is mandatory for obtaining a driving license. Also, submission of form 1 self-declaration to RTO Gujarat is an important document for a license.
- Collection of revenue: the third function of Gujarat RTO is revenue collection. It is responsible for collecting motor vehicle tax, IVM fees
- The RTO is also responsible for DA cases and inspection of vehicles at various check posts.
- Lastly, the RTO also has a duty towards environmental protection. It is responsible for CNG/LPG conversion and PUC testing centers.
Documents Required for Registering a Motor Vehicle in Gujarat
The list of documents required for a motor vehicle registration in Gujarat is as follow:
- Mainly submission of two forms is compulsory for registration. CMV Form 20 for application and CMV Form 21 for vehicle sales certificate.
- Along with these two forms, submit Form 22 issued by the vehicle dealer
- Then, support these forms with vehicle insurance documents, address proof of the owner, passport size photo and PUC.
- Also, submit a customs clearance certificate for imported vehicles.
- Lastly, submit a temporary registration certificate (if any) along with the applicable fee and taxes.
Documents Required for Getting a Permanent RC from the GJ RTO
The documents required for obtaining a permanent RC in Gujarat are the same as mentioned above. However, in addition to the above documents, the vehicle owner must submit the following:
- In the case of a vehicle body that is fabricated, a form needs to be submitted. The form number is 22A, available at the RTO office
- Also, in case of vehicle registering a semi-trailer or a trailer, a copy of the design approved must be submitted. The design approval for the vehicle is available with the dealer or manufacturer.
Documents Required for Getting a Temporary RC from the GJ RTO
- Firstly, aself-declaration form RTO Gujarat must be submitted to apply for temporary RC. (Form 20)
- Sales certificate and roadworthiness of the vehicle in Form 21 and Form 22 respectively
- Insurance (valid) certificate for the vehicle registering
- The fourth important document is address proof for the vehicle owner
- A pollution under control certificate for the vehicle registering
- Lastly, PAN card or Form 60/61 in absence of PAN Card.
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Gujarat?
Transfer of vehicle ownership takes place in case of resale, death or auction. In either of these cases, legally transferring the vehicle RC is essential. Further, for transferring the registration certificate of the vehicle, the individual must visit the nearest RTO.
After an individual visits the nearest RTO, he must submit an application form for the transfer. The application form must be submitted along with supporting documents.
Documents Required To Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Gujarat
- Application form for the transfer of the vehicle ownership – Form 29 and Form 30.
- However, the application form number changes for transfer through inheritance and auction. Form 31 must be submitted in case of vehicle inheritance. Lastly, Form 32 in case of transfer through public auction.
- Original registration certificate of the vehicle
- NOC from the previous RTO, in case the vehicle was purchased in a different state
- Copy of valid insurance certificate and PUC for the vehicle
- Address and identity proof of the vehicle owner along with passport size photos
- The applicable fee for transferring the vehicle ownership
- Lastly, NOC from the bank or financer, in case the vehicle was purchased under a loan.
Contact Details of Gujarat RTO
Visiting an RTO office is important for registering the vehicle. But Gujarat RTO registration numbers search online service is available. Use this service to find the contact details of any RTO office in Gujarat. Also for more details, a person can contact the Public relationship office of RTO Gujarat.
Phone number: 079 – 23251367
Email id for contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
RTO Codes of Other States of India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|