To begin, RTO Hyderabad is a government organization located in the state of Telangana. The letter RTO stands for regional transport office. Hyderabad RTO is responsible for collecting and gathering vehicle data in the city. Further, the RTO office in Hyderabad is solely responsible for registering vehicles running in the city.
Read through the article to learn more about the RTO office in Hyderabad, Telangana. The article will include information on the Hyderabad RTO code and other details.
List of RTO offices in Hyderabad
Hyderabad RTO office is located at four different places in the city. Each of these RTO offices has the jurisdiction to register vehicles in the area. Further, RTO agents in Hyderabad working at these offices can help applicants through the registration process.
The details of RTO offices in Hyderabad are mentioned in the table below. Further, the detail will contain the Hyderabad RTO office address, timing and phone number.
List of RTO offices in Hyderabad
JTC – Hyderabad RTO office.
|Office Address||JTC, Hyderabad, D.No.6-3-646 opposite to Eenadu office, Khairtabad, Samajiguda, Hyderabad.|
RTO Hyderabad North Zone Office
|Office Address||Main Road, Trimalghery, Secunderabad – 500015|
RTO Hyderabad East Zone Office
|Office Address||D.No. 16-11-16/U/52, Street – West Prakashnagar, RTO east zone, Moosarambagh, Malakpet, Hyderabad – 500036|
RTO Hyderabad South Zone Office
|Office Address||D.No. 19-5-28/3/13, Kishanbagh, Hyderabad – 500064|
RTO Hyderabad West Zone Office
|Office Address||D.No. 9-4-86/41, Salarjung Colony, Tolichowki, Mehdipatanam, Hyderabad – 500008|
Apart from the above-mentioned five offices of RTO in Hyderabad, there are two other offices.
- Tirumalagiri RTO office Hyderabad
- RTO office Rajendra Nagar Hyderabad
- RTO Nagole Hyderabad Telangana
Functions of RTO offices in Hyderabad
The functions of the RTO office in Hyderabad is the same as mentioned in the Motor vehicle Act.
- Issue and renewal of various types of vehicle driving licenses.
- Registration of vehicle and issue of the certificate. It also includes RTO Hyderabad Telangana registration status.
- The third function includes the issue of a permit for commercial and public vehicles
- Collection of various types of taxes
- Issue of fitness certificate to commercial and personal vehicle
- Lastly, collecting fees through Hyderabad RTO challan and penalties.
RTO Registration Charges in Hyderabad
Registration charges at the RTO office in Hyderabad are collected through RTO challan Hyderabad.
Usually, at the time of registration, the applicant must pay fees and road taxes. The calculation of the road tax for a vehicle depends on vehicle type and age.
- Two-wheeler vehicles are charged 9 percent on the cost
- Four wheeler vehicles are charged with 12 per cent – Cost of the vehicle under 10 Lakhs
- Four wheeler vehicles are charged with 14 per cent – Cost of the vehicle above 10 Lakhs
Road tax for the vehicle is paid by the owner by visiting the office. Further, for new vehicles road tax is paid at the time of registration. RTO Hyderabad slot booking service is also available for registration.
Apart from road tax, the registration charges of vehicles at RTO Hyderabad are as follows:
Issue or renewal of a certificate of registration and assignment of the new registration mark
- Invalid Carriage – 50/-
- Motorcycle – 300/-
- LMV – Non –transport – 600/-
- LMV – Transport – 1000/-
- Medium goods vehicle – 1000/-
- Medium passenger vehicle – 1000/-
- HGV – 1500/-
- Heavy Passenger motor vehicle – 1500/-
- Imported Motor vehicle – 5000/-
- Imported Motorcycle – 2500
- Any other vehicle not mentioned here – 3000/-
In case an applicant wants a duplicate registration certificate, the applicant must pay 50 per cent of the above-mentioned cost. Further, applicants can take the help of RTO agents in Hyderabad for filing and paying charges. Post paying of taxes, charges and inspection of the vehicle.
Types of Driving License issued in RTO Hyderabad
RTO Hyderabad driving License is broadly classified into six types:
- Motorcycle with an engine of 50 cc – the applicant must be above 16 years of age
- Motorcycle with gear for applicants above 18 years of age
- Two-wheeler license without gear
- HCV license for applicant completed 8th Standard and above 18 years of age
- Driving license for road roller, trailer, dozer and crane
- Personal and commercial four-wheeler vehicle license for applicants above 18 years of age
Types of vehicle registration in RTO Hyderabad
In the first place, as per the motor vehicle act, driving any vehicle without registration is prohibited. All vehicles running in the state of Hyderabad must be registered at the appropriate RTO office.
Further, there are two types of vehicle registration in the city of Hyderabad, namely:
- Permanent Registration: Every motor vehicle in the city must be registered at the RTO office. This process is known as the permanent registration of motor vehicles. It is valid for 15 years from the date of registration. After that, the registration certificate needs to be renewed by the owner of the vehicle. Later on, after registration, the certificate is issued by the RTO office. RTO Hyderabad registration status can also be found online through the official website.
- Temporary Registration: AT the time of purchase the vehicle owner gets a temporary registration number from the dealer. Later on, the vehicle owner must get it registered within 30 days.
Furthermore, after vehicle registration, a number is issued by the RTO office. RTO Hyderabad vehicle number search is conducted through vehicle registration number.
Procedure to Register New Vehicle in Hyderabad
The process of vehicle registration in Hyderabad is as follows:
- First, the applicant or the vehicle owner must visit the RTO office in his area. To know more about RTO offices in Hyderabad check the above.
- Later on, the applicant must fill an application form for registering the vehicle
- Then, he or she must submit the application form along with supporting documents.
- Finally, RTO officials will inspect the vehicle and documents to register the vehicle.
Required Documents for vehicle registration at RTO Hyderabad
In the first place, the applicant registering the vehicle must submit the following documents:
- The application form for registration – FORM 21
- Along with FORM 22 for the creditworthiness of the vehicle
- Original sales certificate and insurance certificate
- Address and identity proof of the vehicle owner
- Temporary vehicle registration certificate if any
- Design approval for trailer and semi-trailer vehicle
- Lastly, fee and tax paid receipt
Vehicle registration number enquiry Hyderabad RTO office is done through visiting the office physically. Or it can also be done through the official website of the RTO office.
Procedure to transfer the ownership of the vehicle within the same office in Hyderabad
To transfer the ownership of the vehicle within the same office in Hyderabad the applicant must visit the office. Later on, the applicant must file for transfer through an application form. The application form for transfer of vehicle ownership is FORM 29 and 30. Further, the applicant must also obtain a NOC through form 28 RTO Hyderabad.
Apart from this, the applicant must also submit certain documents. The documents are RC, insurance copy, PUC, and address proof.
RTO Codes of Other Top Cities in India
RTO Codes for States in India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|