To begin with, TN RTO is a Tamil Nadu state regional transport office. Further, RTO is established as part of the transport department. The department is the heart of transport management in the state. It is responsible for issuing licenses, permits and RC among other things.
Read through the article to know more about the duties and functions of the office. Further, the article will include information on TN RTO vehicle details.
Tamil Nadu RTO (TN RTO)
In the first place, RTO Tamil Nadu is an important organization in the state. The department has some of the important duties in the smooth functioning of the traffic in the state. Further, the main function of the RTO is issuing licenses. It is also responsible for registering vehicles by collecting all the necessary details of the vehicles.
Furthermore, the registration of vehicles is essential for maintaining transport in the state. It is because; TamilNadu RTO vehicles details are collected and gathered during registration. Lastly, RTO offices in Tamil Nadu are set up all over the state.
How to Get Vehicle Insurance in Tamil Nadu?
There is a simple and easy way to get vehicle insurance in Tamil Nadu. In the first place, the new vehicle owners can get insurance if bought with the dealer. In other words, vehicle dealers sell excellent vehicle insurance plans. Apart from the dealer, a vehicle owner can also get insurance from various agencies.
Furthermore, be wise at the time of choosing vehicle insurance. Usually, comprehensive or third party insurance plans are recommended. Lastly, make sure the insurance copy clear mentions TN RTO vehicle Owner details.
TamilNadu RTO Codes with Office Locations
In the first place, the state of Tamil Nadu has several RTO offices established. Further, these offices are located in various districts of the state.
Also, RTO TamilNadu Registration Numbers begins with the code of the office where the vehicle is registered.
Complete information on the codes of TamilNadu RTO list:
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|CHENNAI (WEST)||TN09||TIRUPUR (SOUTH)||TN42||COIMBATORE (CENTRAL)||TN66|
|TINDIVANAM||TN16||UO MANMANGALAM||TN47X||UNIT OFFICE – VALLIOOR||TN72V|
|OMALUR||TN30W||VADASANDUR||TN57V||RTO ERODE (WEST)||TN86|
Types of Vehicle Registration in TamilNadu
There are only two types of vehicle registration in the state of Tamil Nadu. These are as follows:
- Temporary Registration: It is a type of registration where the vehicles are issued identification numbers. However, this type of registration is valid only for a short duration of time.
- Permanent Registration: Vehicles are issued a number and RC book in permanent registration. Furthermore, the RC books contain TN RTO vehicle information for easy identification.
Lastly, a vehicle owner must register the vehicle with the RTO office within their jurisdiction. For information on TamilNadu RTO Numbers’ list and office, codes check the above table.
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Tamil Nadu?
As mentioned before, registration of a vehicle is mandatory in the state of Tamil Nadu. But the process of vehicle registration is simple. The vehicle owner must visit the RTO office to register his vehicle. Further, the state has a huge number of RTO offices established in all districts.
After visiting the office, the vehicle owner must collect and fill the application form. The application form is available offline or through TamilNadu RTO Online portal. Vehicle owners must duly fill the application form and submit the same at the office. At the time of submission, the vehicle owner must pay the application fee and tax. Finally, after vehicle inspection by the RTO officials, registration of the vehicle is completed.
Also, in case a vehicle is registered successfully, a registration number is issued. TamilNadu RTO starting Number for vehicle registered is TN followed by office code.
Functions of TamilNadu Transport Department (TN Transport)
The significant functions of the TamilNadu transport department are as follow:
- Issuing of license: the first main function of the TN transport department is issuing driving licenses. Further, TN RTO forms are available online and offline.
- Registration of the motor vehicle: Another important function of the department is the registration of the vehicle. RTO vehicle information in Tamil Nadu is collected during registration and issued an RC book.
- Issuing of NOC or fit certificate: the transport department is also responsible for issuing vehicle fitness certificate.
- Permit: the fourth important function of the department is the issue of a permit for commercial and public vehicles.
- Fee & Taxes: Collection of taxes and payment
Documents Required for Registering a Motor Vehicle in TamilNadu
- Application form for vehicle registration – Form 20
- Form 21 and 22 for the roadworthiness of the vehicle
- Vehicle insurance and PUC
- Address and identity proof of the vehicle owner
- PAN card or Form 60/61 for vehicle owner of cars
- Passport size photography of the vehicle owner
- Application fee and road tax.
Post submission of the document, the vehicle is inspected and registered. The registration number has RTO vehicle information in Tamil Nadu.
Documents Required for getting a Permanent RC from the TN RTO
The list of documents required for getting permanent RC from TN RTO is the same as mentioned above. However, the applicant must submit the form and documents at the office in the area. To know the locations of the RTO office check the TamilNadu RTO Numbers list table.
Apart from the above-mentioned documents, the applicant must also submit TR (if any). Lastly, TN RTO starting Number today is from the office code.
Documents Required for Getting a Temporary RC from the TN RTO
- Application FORM 20, FORM 21 (sales certificate)
- FORM 22 – roadworthiness of the vehicle issued by the manufacturer
- A valid motor vehicle insurance
- Address and identity proof of the vehicle owner
- PAN or FORM 60/61 for four-wheelers
- Application fee
TN RTO Registration Numbers is not issued in a case for Temporary Registration.
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Tamil Nadu?
Transfer of vehicle ownership in Tamil Nadu is done through the RTO office. The applicant must visit the RTO office to collect the application form. Later on, he must submit the form with the necessary documents. Lastly, RTO TamilNadu Registration Numbers will be the same as before the transfer.
Documents Required To Transfer Vehicle Ownership in TamilNadu
- FORM 29 in duplicate – notice of transfer
- FORM 30 – application form for the ownership transfer
- Address proof of the vehicle owner along with PAN or FORM 60/61 for 4-wheelers
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle with TN RTO Registration details
- Valid insurance certificate of the vehicle and Pollution under control certificate.
- NOC from the financer for vehicles purchased under a loan
- Lastly, the tax paid receipt by the previous vehicle owner.
However, NOC form traffic department is required in case transfer is between two states. In other words, no NOC is required for transfer of ownership in the same state.
Contact Details of TamilNadu RTO
TamilNadu RTO offices fall under the Transport department. The department head office is located in Chennai.
TN RTO Number of various office locations is available online. However, the helpline number for the office is 044-26745959.
Email Id: email@example.com
Lastly, the official link for TamilNadu Transport department is – firstname.lastname@example.org
RTO Codes of Other States of India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|