The RTO Bangalore is based on the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 of Section 213. Bangalore is a popular city for the IT sector and the city has many IT companies everywhere. It is also known as the cyber hub of India. In recent years, vehicle registration all over the city has increased drastically. To control the city with proper transport facilities, the Bangalore RTO office plays a crucial role.
To control the transportation services all over Bangalore, RTO office Bangalore is integrating a few services. Some of the RTO services Bangalore include the Issuance of DL Extract and the Issuance of B-Extract.
All such services help citizens to know about the Bangalore RTO vehicle owner details. This is for the registered transport vehicles all over the city. You can even get the RTO Bangalore vehicle details with the address.
List Of RTO Offices In Bangalore:
Here is the list of RTO offices along with their Bangalore RTO timings.
|RTO Name||RTO Code||RTO Address||RTO Contact Details||Office Timings|
|Bangalore Central RTO Office||KA01||3rd block, BDA Shopping Complex, Koramangala, Bangalore-560034||080 – 25533525||10AM-5PM|
|Bangalore West RTO Office||KA02||Corporation, Shopping Complex, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore – 560010||080 -23324388||10AM-5PM|
|Bangalore East RTO Office or RTO Office Indira Nagar Bangalore||KA03 RTO office Bangalore||2nd floor, BDA Complex, RTO Indira Nagar, Bangalore – 560038||080 – 25253726||10AM-5PM|
|RTO Bangalore North||KA04||No.3 Corporation Complex, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore – 560022||080 – 23376039||10AM-5PM|
|RTO Bangalore South||KA05||Jayanagar Shopping Complex, 4th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560011||080 – 26630989||10AM-5PM|
|Rajarajeshwari Nagar RTO Office||KA41 RTO office Bangalore||No.27/A, 26/2, 27/2, Kenchenahalligrama, Jnanabharati, RVCE Post, Mysore Road, Bangalore – 560056||080 – 28602500||10AM-5PM|
|Ramanagar RTO Office||KA42||SH17, Vijaya Nagar, Ramanagara, Karnataka – 562159||080 – 22718765||10AM-5PM|
|Devanahalli ARTO Office||KA43||Vijayapura Road, Devanahalli – 562110||080 – 27681999||10AM-5PM|
|Yelahanka RTO Office||KA50||2019A, 1st floor, 3rd Cross, Karnataka Housing Board Complex, Sector – B, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore – 560056||080 – 28561366||10AM-5PM|
|RTO Electronic City Bangalore Office||KA51||83/63, New Central Jail Road, Opp: New Mico LTD, Chennakeshavanagar Bangalore – 560056||080 – 25735533||10AM-5PM|
|Nelamangala RTO Office||KA52||1906, 9th Cross, Subhas Road, Nelamangala, Bangalore – 562123||080 – 27726886||10AM-5PM|
|KR Puram RTO Office||KA53||345/4, Bhattarhalli, Old Madras Road, K.R.Puram, Bangalore – 560016||080 – 25617959||10AM-5PM|
|Shanthinagar RTO Office||KA57||Regional Transport office, STU, and Autorickshaws, Shanthinagar, BANGALORE – 560027||–||10 AM-5 PM|
People staying around Ullal can get help from the RTO Ullal Upanagar Bangalore, Karnataka.
Functions Of RTO Offices In Bangalore:
All over India, the functions of the RTO stay the same as per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. But in some states or regions, the RTO offices perform extra tasks and maintain rules for the welfare of those regions. Such extra functions are included with the general rules and regulations of the RTO. Here are the functions of the RTO Bangalore:
- The RTO Bangalore has to provide and renew the RTO Bangalore driving license.
- The Bangalore RTO has to issue the registration certificate and renewal for the same. This includes both temporary and permanent registration certificates. For the transfer of the vehicle, the RTO helps you. Also, you will get the duplicate registration certificate from the RTO.
- The RTO in Bangalore has to provide transport permits.
- The RTO department has to issue the No Objection Certificate to the customers.
- For the collection of road tax, the Bangalore RTO is responsible. It is also responsible to collect the Green tax, Border tax, etc.
- The RTO is responsible to enforce the Motor Vehicles Act.
- The Bangalore RTO has to issue the Pollution Under Control Certificate. This is to control the noise and air pollution all over the city.
- The RTO Bangalore is responsible to implement and enforce the traffic rules.
RTO Registration Charges In Bangalore:
For a vehicle in Bangalore, the registration charge varies as per the lifetime tax and vehicle type such as cars, two-wheelers. The first thing is that it depends on the initial cost of the vehicle.
- For the vehicle having less than Rs. 5 lakhs price, the registration fee is 13 percent.
- For the vehicle ranging between Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs, the registration fee is 14 percent.
- For the vehicle ranging between Rs. 10 lakhs to Rs. 20 lakhs, the registration fee is 17 percent.
- Finally for the vehicle cost having more than Rs. 20 lakhs, the registration fee is 18 percent.
Types Of Driving License Issued In RTO Bangalore:
- Motorcycles with gear: The applicants need to be 18 or above 18 years of age. They should submit the required documents. This type includes light motor vehicles which are used for private, commercial, or transport.
- Two-wheelers without gear: Here the driving license is for the mopeds. It is also for the two-wheelers without gear.
- Motorcycle having an engine capacity of up to 50cc: Here the applications have to 16 or above 16 years of age. He/She should have the guardian consent or parents’ consent to get the license for driving.
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle: Applicant should have at least completed 8th Applicants’ age must be 18 or above. They should come with a driving training certificate from the driving school under the State Government.
- License for LMVs: Here the applicants need to be 18 or above 18 years of age. With this license, one can drive jeeps, cars, vans, etc.
- Different Driving License: For driving road rollers, buses, trailers, and other commercial vehicles, the RTO Bangalore issues you with a different driving license.
Types Of Vehicles Registration In RTO Bangalore:
There are two types of registration in Bangalore RTO. They are
Temporary Vehicle Registration: Under this registration, you will get a rough registration number which you need to use until you get a permanent registration number. This will expire after 30 days. You will get this from the dealer of the vehicle. Under these 30 days, one has to apply for permanent registration in the Bangalore RTO.
Permanent Vehicle Registration: The applicant has to get a valid registration certificate from the Bangalore RTO. After submitting proper documents, the RTO Bangalore will issue a permanent registration number.
Procedure To Register New Vehicle In Bangalore
Once you purchase a new vehicle, you need to register it in Bangalore. To register, you need to visit the RTO Bangalore website, where you need to fill the application form for the new vehicle. Once you fill the form, you need to get the Vahan Over Web Identity (VOWID) number through Bangalore RTO online service. After getting this form, generate Form-20. You need to wait for some time for getting the acknowledgment slip.
Finally, you need to submit the VOWID number, acknowledgment slip, Form 20, with other documents to the Registration Authority.
Required documents for vehicle registrations at RTO Bangalore:
- For the vehicle coming under lease or hire purchase agreement, you need to submit Form-20.
- For sales certificate, Form-21
- Form-22 roadworthiness certificate
- Insurance certificate
- Address proof documents
- Temporary registration certificate from the registration authority of Bangalore
- Residence proof documents in case the purchaser is from other countries
- For inspection, one has to take the vehicle to the RTO office
- For imported vehicle, one has to submit Customs Clearance Certificate
Other forms that will help you include Form-28 RTO Bangalore and Form-30 RTO Bangalore. These are to get NOC and urgent transfer of ownership respectively.
Procedure to Transfer the Ownership of the Vehicle within the Same Office in Bangalore:
For the transfer of ownership of the vehicle, one has to submit the following documents. Visit the RTO Bangalore online service and know about these documents.
- Address proof documents
- Two passport size photographs
This is all about Bangalore RTO. To get more information, visit the Bangalore RTO online website, where you will get several details like Bangalore RTO vehicle details online fine, RTO agents in Bangalore, etc. Make a Bangalore RTO vehicle search, and clarify all your queries. You can also reach through the Bangalore RTO number and ask about the Bangalore RTO fine and other related queries.
RTO Codes of Other Top Cities in India
RTO Codes for States in India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|