To begin with, RTO Rajasthan stands for regional transport office. The office is part of the transport department in India. Further, RTO was established under Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. RTO main objective is the collection of vehicle data by registering it. Apart from this, RTO is also responsible for the issue of vehicle license and permits.
Read through the article to learn more about Rajasthan RTO. The article will include information on RTO office codes, functions and duties.
Rajasthan RTO (RJ RTO)
As stated earlier in the article, Rajasthan RTO is part of the transport department. Further, it is a government organization entrusted with the collection and maintenance of vehicle data. Rajasthan is one of the biggest states in India including several RTO offices.
Check out the latter part of the article for Rajasthan RTO vehicle information.
How to Get Vehicle Insurance in Rajasthan?
The Motor Vehicle Act in India clearly states that registering a vehicle is mandatory. Further, at the time of vehicle registration, the owner has to produce certain documents. One such document that plays a significant role in vehicle registration is insurance.
Motor vehicle insurance is a compulsory document for the issue of Rajasthan RTO registration number. However, at the time of insurance purchase preference must be given to third party insurance. This type of vehicle insurance covers damages to person and property.
Lastly, vehicle insurance can be obtained from insurance companies or through the dealers of the vehicle.
Rajasthan RTO Codes with Office Locations
At present in the state of Rajasthan, there are forty-five actively functioning RTO offices. Each RTO office in the state is issued a code by the government. Further, learning these codes is helpful in the Rajasthan RTO vehicle registration search.
Important Rajasthan RTO code list is as follow:
|Code||RTO Office Name||Code||RTO Office Name|
|RJ-20||Kota||RJ-46||Abu road (Sirohi)|
|RJ-25||Sawai Madhopur||RJ-51||Shahpura (Bhilwara)|
Types of Vehicle Registration in Rajasthan
Similar to all other states in India, the Rajasthan RTO office also follows two types of vehicle registration. The main types of vehicle registration are temporary and permanent registration.
Furthermore, temporary vehicle registration in Rajasthan is valid only for a month. It is usually carried out to issue an identification number to vehicles. However, a temporary registration is not completely valid. All vehicles running and being used in the state must be permanently registered. Also, the Rajasthan RTO registration number begins with RJ.
The process of getting a motor vehicle permanently registered is longer. However, with the help of technology online appointment and submission is possible. Rajasthan RTO official website is the best place to get all information about vehicle registration. Finally, the website also enables the applicants to download application forms for vehicle registration.
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Rajasthan?
As stated previously in the article, vehicle registration is mandatory in Rajasthan. Further, a vehicle owner at the time of purchase must register his vehicle for using it. An applicant must visit the RTO office in the area to get the vehicle registered.
Furthermore, the vehicle registration process beings with an application form. RTO online Rajasthan services can be used to download the application form. After collecting the application form for registration (online or offline) it must be duly filled. Later on, the applicant must physically submit the form along with supporting documents.
Usually, vehicles are registered after a thorough inspection of the vehicle by the RTO authority. Finally, after successfully registering the vehicle, a registration certificate is issued. RC is an important document to be carried by the vehicle owner. It contains all necessary details about the vehicle registered.
Functions of Rajasthan Transport Department (RJ Transport)
The main functions of the Rajasthan Transport department are as follows:
- Collecting of RTO vehicle information in Rajasthanthrough registration and issue of registration certificate.
- The next function of the department is the issue of a permit for vehicles. Usually, the transport department is responsible for the issue of a permit for goods and passenger vehicles. Taxis, cabs, auto-rickshaws, private service vehicles, education institutional buses must get a permit before operating.
- The third important function of transport department is an issue of driving and conductor license
- The transport department is also responsible for the implementation of Motor vehicle acts and rules established by the state
- The fifth important function of the department is the collection of taxes. A Rajasthan RTO tax online service is also made available by the department.
- Lastly, the department is responsible for the control of vehicle pollution and the enforcement of road safety precautions.
Furthermore, most functions of the department are provided through online service. In other words, technology has paved way for Rajasthan RTO online services.
Documents Required for Registering a Motor Vehicle in Rajasthan
- Application form for vehicle registration – FORM 20. Along with this, the applicant must submit FORM 21 and 22. These two forms show the roadworthiness of the vehicle
- The original invoice for the vehicle to be registered
- A valid insurance copy and PUC for the vehicle
- A valid photo identification document for the vehicle owner
- Address proof for the vehicle owner such as Aadhar Card or passport
- Also, a vehicle owner must submit PAN card details for a four-wheeler
- FORM 22A for vehicles that are fabricated and FORM 34 for vehicles purchases under the loan.
- Lastly, in the case of an imported vehicle, a customs clearance certificate is mandatory.
Furthermore, the applicant must submit all these documents without fail for vehicle registration. The applicant must also pay an application fee and road tax for registration.
Refer to the Rajasthan RTO number list part of the article to learn about the office located in your area.
Documents Required for Getting a Permanent RC from the RJ RTO
The documents required for getting a permanent RC from Rajasthan RTO is the same as mentioned above. In addition to the above-mentioned documents, the applicant must also submit a temporary RC. In case the applicant had earlier taken a temporary RC, submit the same to get permanent RC.
Usually, permanent RC is issued only after vehicle inspection. Make use of the Rajasthan RTO online service to download the application form and booking of appointment.
Documents Required for Getting a Temporary RC from the RJ RTO
In the first place, a temporary RC only provides an identification number. It doesn’t issue a registration certificate for the vehicle. Hence, the number of documents required for temporary RC is less in comparison to permanent RC.
The list of documents for temporary RC from RJ RTO is as follows:
- The application form for the registration FORM 20, the same can be downloaded online. Rajasthan RTO onlineapplication forms are available on the official website.
- FORM 2 2 and FORM 21 for sale certificate and roadworthiness of the vehicle
- A valid copy of vehicle insurance and pollution under control certificate
- The vehicle owner must submit address and identity proof
- PAN card or FORM 60/61 for the owners of the vehicle (four-wheelers).
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Rajasthan?
In the first place, transfer of vehicle ownership takes place in the case of purchase, death or auction. In either of these cases, legal transfer of RC from the old to the new owner is mandatory.
The first step in the transfer of vehicle ownership is obtaining NOC from the traffic department.
But NOC is required only when you purchase a car not registered locally. Next, visit the RTO in your area with all the necessary documents. The officials will inspect the documents and transfer the same provided it fulfills the requirement.
Furthermore, in the case of interstate vehicle ownership transfer, one additional step is required. The new owner must get his vehicle re-registered in the local RTO office.
Documents Required To Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Rajasthan
The documents for the transfer of vehicle ownership are the same as vehicle registration. However, the application form number of ownership transfer is FORM 29 or FORM 30.
Contact Details of Rajasthan RTO
In the first place, the address for the head office of the transport department in the state is –
Transport Commissioner, Parivahan Bhawan, Sahkar Marg, Jaipur Rajasthan.
Next, the department can also be contacted through telephone or email ID.
Ph – 0141-2740177 and email – firstname.lastname@example.org
However, individual Rajasthan RTO numbers can be found online or through the official website.
RTO Codes of Other States of India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|