To begin with, RTO Bhopal is a regional transport office of the city. Furthermore, Bhopal is in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The RTO office of Bhopal is a part of a government organization. It is responsible for the management and recording of vehicles in the city.
Furthermore, read through the article to learn more about MP RTO Bhopal. The article will include information on the duties and functioning of the office.
RTO Offices Address in Bhopal
The office of RTO in Bhopal MP is located in just one part of the city. The details of RTO Bhopal address and a code of the office is as follows:
Bhopal RTO Address is NO.6 Durga Mandir, Shivajinagar – 462016. Furthermore, it is the only RTO office located in the city. In other words, for RTO Bhopal vehicle registration all vehicle owners must visit this office. Even more, the contact number of the office is 08090103434. Lastly, vehicles registering at this RTO office will be issued a number beginning with MP04. The number 04 is the code for the Bhopal RTO office.
Functions of RTO Offices in Bhopal, MP04
Bhopal RTO offices are mainly entrusted with the function of collecting and recording vehicle information. Apart from this RTO MP Bhopal is responsible for issuing licenses and permits. Further, the other significant functions of the RTO offices in Bhopal are listed below.
- The first function of the Bhopal RTO office is issuing the license. Further, the office is responsible for issuing both licenses. All eligible applicants can get their learners or permanent driving license from the office.
- The next important function of the office is renewing and duplicating the issued driving licenses. As driving licenses are valid for a fixed period, renewing them is mandatory.
- Apart from this RTO Bhopal driving licensefunctions also includes upgrading the same. In certain cases, drivers can get their license upgraded by adding additional features to it.
- Bhopal RTO registrationis the fourth and most important function of the office. Further, in the process of vehicle registration, the office collects and enters all essential details of the vehicle.
- In addition to this, the RTO office of Bhopal also undertakes functions like
- Issuing of duplicate vehicle registration certificate
- Issuing of temporary and permanent registration certificate
- Transfer of vehicle ownership
- Issue of Roadworthiness certificate and pollution control certificate
- Lastly, making changes and updating the vehicle registration certificate.
RTO Registration Charges in Bhopal
RTO registration charges for various services in the city of Bhopal are listed in the table below. Further, the charges of the RTO offices can be divided into four different categories. These categories are driving license fees, registration charges, permit fees and fitness certificate charges.
Type of driving license and their respective fees:
- Learner’s license – 200
- Learner’s license renewal – 200
- International driver’s license – 1,000
- Driving License Fees – 200
- Driver’s license test – 300
- Driver’s license renewal – 200
- Renewal and issue of license for driving schools – 10,000
- Issue of renewed driver’s license – 200
- Appeal fee against RTO – 500
- Issue of duplicate license for driving schools – 5,000
Vehicle Registration Charges:
|Types of Vehicle to be registered||Fees|
|Light motor vehicle||600|
|Medium goods and passenger vehicle||1000|
|Heavy goods vehicle/passenger||1500|
|Imported motor vehicle||5000|
|Any other vehicle not mentioned above||3000|
|E-rickshaw / E-cart||1000|
|Light commercial vehicle||1000|
- Permit fee: The city of Bhopal the RTO offices charge permit fee based on the type of the vehicle. For Light goods vehicles, the permit fee is Rs.500 for one year and Rs.2015 for five years. Further, Heavy goods vehicle owners are charged with Rs. 2515 as to permit fee.
- Fitness Certificate: The last category of fees charged by the RTO office is for issuing fitness certificates. RTO Bhopal charges a fee of Rs. 200 to Rs. 1000 for issuing of the certificate. However, the amount of fee charged depends on the type of vehicle.
For instance: a manual motorcycle is charged Rs. 200 for a fitness certificate. On the other hand, a heavy motor vehicle is charged Rs. 1000 for the issue of fitness certificate. Lastly, for more information on fees of Bhopal RTO visit the RTO Bhopal website.
Types of Driving License issued in RTO Bhopal
There are mainly only two types of driving licenses issued in RTO Bhopal. These licenses are as follows:
- Learners driving license: A learner’s driving license is issued to the applicant that wants to learn driving. This type of license is valid for six months.
- Permanent driving license: The next type of license issued by the RTO office is a permanent driving license. Any applicant who is a major and owns a learner license can apply for a permanent driving license. Further, obtaining of permanent driving license is mandatory in India. Lastly, a permanent driving license is issued for both private and commercial vehicles.
- International driving license: The last type of driving license issued by the RTO Bhopal is an international driving license. An international driving license is issued by the government of India for its citizens. Further, it allows Indians to drive or ride vehicles in foreign countries.
Types of Vehicle Registration in RTO Bhopal
In the first place, there are only two types of vehicle registration in RTO Bhopal. The first type of vehicle registration is temporary. Temporary vehicle registration is issued to a new vehicle and mostly by the dealer. The main purpose of this registration is to identify the vehicle.
The next type of vehicle registration is permanent vehicle registration. In simple words, no vehicle in Indian can function without permanent registration. Further, the RTO Bhopal registration number is issued only after permanently registration the vehicle.
Procedure to Register New Vehicle in Bhopal
The process of registering new vehicles in Bhopal is very simple. The eligible candidate or new vehicle owner must visit the RTO office mentioned above. Later, he must apply for the vehicle registration along with the necessary documents. Finally, the RTO office will inspect vehicles and documents and issue registration numbers.
Even more, to do RTO Bhopal vehicle registration search registration number is mandatory.
Required documents for vehicle registrations at RTO Bhopal
The list of documents for vehicle registration is as follow:
- The application form for vehicle registration to be submitted at the office is FORM 21
- The next document is the insurance certificate for the vehicle
- Address and identity proof of the vehicle owner
- Further, the applicant must submit creditworthiness for the vehicle through FORM 22
- Next, the original sales certificate for the vehicle
- Temporary registration certificate for the vehicle when applicable
- Trailer and semi-trailer vehicles must submit design approval by STA
- Lastly, registration fees and taxes.
Procedure to Transfer the Ownership of the Vehicle within the Same Office in Bhopal
Again, the procedure to transfer the ownership of the vehicle within the same office is straightforward. The applicant must visit the RTO office and submit the necessary documents to complete the procedure. Further, the application of transfer of ownership is FORM 29 and FORM 30. Apart from this, the applicant must also submit original RC, insurance, PUC, and address proof of purchaser of the vehicle.
RTO Codes of Other Top Cities in India
RTO Codes for States in India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|