To begin with, RTO Maharashtra is an important government body in the state. The words RTO stands for Regional Transport Office. Further, the office is responsible for the functioning of an efficient transport system in the state. Also, Maharashtra RTO numbers of various offices will be listed in the article.
Read through the article to learn more about Maharashtra RTO services. Furthermore, the article will include information on Maharashtra RTO registration services.
Maharashtra (MH) RTO
As mentioned earlier in the article, Maharashtra RTO is an administrative body in the state. As per the motor vehicle act, RTO is responsible for the management of the transport system. Furthermore, Maharashtra RTO online website contains details on the functions of the office. Lastly, in the state of Maharashtra, there are nearly fifty RTOs.
How to Get Vehicle Insurance in Maharashtra?
The motor vehicle Act, 1988 clearly states the rules and regulation for registering vehicles. Further, Maharashtra RTO vehicle registration details clearly state that vehicle insurance is necessary. The vehicle owner must obtain third party vehicle insurance. Apart from third party vehicle insurance, a person can also obtain comprehensive insurance.
Furthermore, the online RTO Maharashtra website can be visited to get more details about RTO rules.
Maharashtra RTO Codes with Office Locations
In the state of Maharashtra, RTO offices are in full operation. Further, most districts in the state have effective RTO offices. Also, there are nearly fifty RTO offices on the list. The details of the office locations and RTO numbers are given below. Even more, the article will include a detailed Maharashtra RTO list.
Furthermore, the detail list of Maharashtra RTO registration numbers is as follow:
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|Mumbai (South)||MH01||Mumbai (West)||MH02|
|Ahmednagar||MH15||Shrirampur, Ahmednagar District||MH16|
|Nandurbar||MH39||Wadi, Nagpur (rural)||MH40|
|Malegaon, Nashik District||MH41||Baramati, Pune||MH42|
|Navi Mumbai||MH43||Ambejogai, Beed||MH44|
Types of Vehicle Registration in Maharashtra
There are two types of vehicle registration in the state of Maharashtra. They are permanent and temporary vehicle registration.
- Permanent vehicle registration is mandatory for all vehicles in India. It is the permission given by the government of India for using vehicles on the road. Further, the authority of RTO inspects vehicles before registering. Lastly, after registration the RTO office issue a registration certificate. Maharashtra RTO vehicle registration search is carried out through the RC number of the vehicle.
- Temporary vehicle registration is issued only to identify the vehicle. It is usually issued by the vehicle dealer for a temporary purpose. Lastly, this type of vehicle registration is valid only for a month. Hence, the vehicle owners must register the vehicle permanently.
Maharashtra RTO website also contains details about types of vehicle registration.
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Maharashtra?
To get a vehicle registered in Maharashtra, the vehicle owner must visit the office personally. After visiting the office the person must fill an application form. Later on, a filled and signed application form must be submitted. At the time of submission, the person must attach all the necessary documents.
Furthermore, on receiving the application form, the authorities will inspect the vehicle. Maharashtra RTO passing of vehicle inspection is mandatory for registration.
Functions of Maharashtra Transport Department (MH Transport)
The functions of the Maharashtra Transport department can be classified into four types mainly. They are as follows:
- Functions relating to a vehicle: RTO Maharashtra is responsible for the registration of vehicles. It is also responsible for granting vehicle permit to commercial vehicles. In addition to this, the RTO issues a fitness certificate for vehicles. Lastly, Maharashtra RTO fine, tax and fee collection function also falls under this category.
- Driving license issuing function: The next main function of Maharashtra RTO is an issue of a driving license. But the passing the RTO exam in Maharashtra is mandatory for issuing the license. In other words, the RTO issue license only for eligible candidates.
- Administrative and documentary functions: The third function of RTO Maharashtra includes administrative functions. Maharashtra RTO issues NOC for vehicles. Maharashtra RTO NOC online service is also available. Further, it takes care of the transfer of ownership and change of address services.
- Finally, functions relating to road welfare: The last function of Maharashtra RTO includes road welfare service. RTO is responsible for projects to ensure road safety. Maharashtra RTO is also responsible for keeping up with traffic facilities such as control of traffic.
Furthermore, the transport department of Maharashtra conducts public service exams to hire individuals. RTO recruitment in Maharashtra is done through MPSC exams every year.
Documents Required for Registering a Motor Vehicle in Maharashtra
Various form for registering of a motor vehicle in Maharashtra is as follow:
- Application form for registration – FORM 21
- Sales certificate for the vehicle issued by the dealer – FORM 21
- Manufacturer of the vehicle issued roadworthiness of the vehicle – FORM 22
- A separate form for vehicle purchased under loan or hypothecation – FORM 34
Apart from these forms, other documents for vehicle registration is as follow:
- Invoice for the vehicle to be registered issued by the dealer
- Valid insurance certificate for the vehicle
- Address and identity proof for the vehicle owner
- Passport size photo for the vehicle owner
- Design approval for STA vehicles
- Custom clearance certificate for imported vehicle
- Road tax paid DD, application and registration fee.
Documents Required Getting a Permanent RC from the MH RTO
The documents required for a permanent registering of the vehicle is the same as mentioned above. However, in addition to the above documents the person must also submit the following:
- Temporary registration certificate for the vehicle ( if any)
- Also, in case of vehicle registering is a carriage, then manufacturer’s certificate
- Original invoice of the vehicle that is imported
- Lastly, the Sales tax clearance certificate for vehicles purchased in Maharashtra but registered elsewhere.
However, Maharashtra RTO rules for other state vehicles differ from the vehicles purchases in the state.
Documents Required for getting a Temporary RC from the MH RTO
The list of documents required for getting a temporary RC from Maharashtra RTO is comparatively less. These documents are as follow:
- FORM 20, 21 and 22 for application, sale and roadworthiness of the vehicle respectively
- Address and identity proof of the vehicle owner along with passport size photo
- Insurance and PUC certificate for the vehicle to be registered
- Lastly, PAN card or Form 60/61 for four–wheeler
The number issued during Temporary RC is valid only for a month. Permanent registration of vehicles is mandatory for the issue of Registration certificate by the RTO.
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Maharashtra?
A person willing to transfer his vehicle ownership must do it legally through an RTO. Further, the transfer and transferee must visit the nearest RTO to complete the procedure. Usually, in case of death, the legal transfer of vehicle ownership takes places without the transferor.
Furthermore, an application and reason for transfer must be submitted to the RTO.
Documents Required To Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Maharashtra
The documents required for the transfer of vehicle ownership in Maharashtra are as follow:
- The application form for transfer of vehicle ownership is FORM 29 and FORM 30
- Address proof of the vehicle owner and person to whom the transfer is made
- Further, a signed affidavit from the seller and purchaser of the vehicle ( in case transfer takes place through re-sale of the vehicle)
- The original RC of the vehicle
- Also, submission of Valid insurance and PUC for the vehicle is mandatory
- In case the vehicle ownership is transferred from a different state, then NOC from parent RTO
- Aadhar card and finally, tax certificate for the vehicle
Contact Details of Maharashtra RTO
The head office of the regional transport office of Maharashtra is located in Mumbai.
Address: Old Bodyguard Lane, Tulsiwadi, Tardeo, Mumbai – 400 034
Maharashtra RTO number for the head office is – 1800 120 8040
The office can also be contacted through email – email@example.com
Furthermore, the Maharashtra transport department website can also be visited for more details.
RTO Codes of Other States of India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|