To begin with, RTO stands for regional transport office. It is an organization of Indian Government. Further, the department deals with registration of vehicles. Also, RTO is responsible for issuing driving licenses in India.
Read through the article to learn more about MP RTO. The article will deal with functions and responsibilities of Madhya Pradesh RTO.
Madhya Pradesh (MP) RTO
As stated earlier in the article, RTO is a government origination. It deals with registration of vehicles and issuing of driving licenses. Every state in India has a RTO. Similarly the Regional transport office of MP is called Madhya Pradesh RTO.
Check out the latter part of the article to know more about the duties of Madhya Pradesh RTO registration.
How to get vehicle insurance in Madhya Pradesh?
In the first place, obtaining vehicle insurance in MP is easy. Usually, the seller of the vehicle provides insurance service. A buyer of a vehicle can get insurance either through the seller or privately. There are several insurance companies in MP. Visit any insurance company agent of your choice to get vehicle insurance in MP.
Furthermore, obtaining vehicle insurance in MP is mandatory. Also, the RTO office will require the owner to submit a valid insurance copy to register the vehicle. Lastly, there are multiple types of vehicle insurance available. Comprehensive vehicle insurance provides coverage against multiple damages. It offers coverage against damages to a person, property or vehicle.
Madhya Pradesh RTO Codes with Office Locations
Here is the MP RTO registration numbers list with office locations. In other words, list of MP RTO codes and office locations are as follows:
To begin with, Madhya Pradesh is one of the biggest states in India. It includes nearly sixty plus RTO offices. In other words, the MP RTO vehicle offices list is a huge one.
|RTO location||RTO Codes||RTO Location||RTO codes|
Types of Vehicle Registration in Madhya Pradesh
In the state of MP, vehicle registration is mainly classified into two types. There are permanent registration and temporary registration.
RTO registration of MP vehicles is done by the regional transport office. Furthermore, the registration is carried out only after the submission of necessary documents.
- Permanent registration: As per the motor vehicle act of India, registration of a vehicle is mandatory. Only a registered vehicle can be used on the roads. Further, for completing MP RTO vehicle registration visit the office physically.
- Temporary registration: In case the person registering the vehicle is planning to move, then TR is sufficient. However, TR is valid only for one month. Before the completion of one month, the owner has to do permanent registration of the vehicle.
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Madhya Pradesh?
The process for registering a motor vehicle in MP is as follow:
- First, visit the nearest RTO office. The location and codes of RTO office MP are mentioned above. Later collect the required forms from the RTO office. The motor registration forms can also be downloaded online.
- Next, fill the form correctly. Make sure to mention the engine and chassis number of the vehicle you want to register.
- Later, submit the filled application form along with the required documents at the RTO office. The form must be signed before submission. Also, at the time of submission, pay the registration fee.
- Finally, the concerned authority will carry on inspection of the vehicle. After successful inspection of the vehicle, registration will be completed.
Once your vehicle is registered successfully, a certificate is issued by the RTO. The name of the certificate is the registration certificate. It can be collected by the owner at the RTO.
Functions of Madhya Pradesh Transport Department (MP Transport)
The main functions of MR regional transport department are as follow:
- The first function of RTO is Registration of vehicles. RTO MP Vehicle number is issued by the regional transport department.
- Issue of driving license
- Providing vehicle permits to all public and commercial vehicles. It also has the authority to cancel a permit previously issued.
- Collection of road tax and taxes for new vehicles in MP. Further, MP RTO is the only department that offers an online tax collection service.
- Lastly, issue of fitness certificate or No – objection certificate of the vehicles.
- MP RTO vehicle registration owner search service is also provided by the office.
Apart from these functions, RTO vehicle information MP can be obtained from the office.
Documents Required Registering a Motor Vehicle in Madhya Pradesh
The list of documents for RTO registration in MP is as follow:
- The invoice issued by the manufacturer or dealer for the vehicle
- Form 60/61 or PAN Card
- Registration fee
- Road Tax
- In case of loan, form 34 signed by the owner and financier
- Address proof of the owner
- Valid Insurance copy for the vehicle
- Form 22 – issued by the manufacturer of the vehicle
- Form 21 – issued by the dealer of the vehicle
- Lastly, Form 20 – that mentions the chassis and engine number of the vehicle.
Documents Required Getting a Permanent RC from the MP RTO
For getting MP RTO vehicle information details you need RC information. Further, for obtaining RC, the vehicle has to be permanently registered.
The list of documents for obtaining permanent RC from MP RTO is as follow:
A vehicle has to be permanently registered within seven days of delivery. The application for permanent registration has to be submitted at MP RTO. Along with the application form the following documents needs to be submitted
- Form 21 or sale certificate issued by the dealer of the vehicle
- Form 22 or certificate of roadworthiness issued by the manufacturer of the vehicle
- A valid insurance certificate for the vehicle
- Address proof of the owner of the vehicle
- In case of a trailer, design approval by STA
- Original sale certificate
- Registration fee and road tax
- Pollution under control certificate for the vehicle
- Lastly, a custom clearance certificate for imported vehicles.
Documents required to get a Temporary RC from the MP RTO
The list of documents for obtaining a temporary RC from MP RTO is as follow:
- Form 21 and Form 22 issued by the dealer and manufacturer of the vehicle respectively
- Valid insurance certificate for the vehicle
- Address proof of the owner of the vehicle
- Pollution under control certificate
- In case of ex-army vehicle original sale certificate from the concerned authority
- In case of imported vehicle – custom clearance certificate
- Lastly, a registration fee of fifty rupees
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Madhya Pradesh?
MP RTO online services offer an application for the transfer of vehicle ownership. The application for ownership transfer must be done through form 29 and 30. However, in case the vehicle is bought through a loan, an additional signature is required. The lender or financer must sign the application for transfer of ownership. Finally, at the time of applying, the owner must pay a fee.
Furthermore, the RTO is the only department with the authority to transfer vehicle ownership in MP.
Documents Required To Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Madhya Pradesh
The list of documents required for transfer of vehicle ownership in MP is as follow:
- RC – registration certificate for the vehicle
- Certificate of motor insurance – attested copy
- A no-objection certificate from the previous RTO, in case of transfer between states
- Also, a no-objection certificate from the lender for vehicle purchased on loan
- Pollution under control certificate attested copy
- Address proof of the buyer, attested copy
- Original invoice of the vehicle to be transferred
- PAN attested copy of Form 60/61.
Contact Details of Madhya Pradesh RTO
To contact the MP RTO registration enquiry, it is done through the phone. The RTO office has a call centre that answers all queries.
Ph – 0751-2621926 or write to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, MP RTO offers SMS service, the details for the same can be found online.
Bottom Line: To sum it up, the article has provided all information relating to MP RTO.
RTO Codes of Other States of India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|