To begin with, in India every state has several RTO offices. These offices fall under the management of the transport department. Further, the main function of RTO offices is gathering and collecting information of vehicles running in the state. Lastly, RTO stands for regional transport office.
Read through the article to learn more about RTO Odisha list and their functions. The article will also include information about RTO Code of Odisha.
Odisha RTO (OD RTO)
As mentioned before, RTO Odisha is a regional transport office. The office was established in the state under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. As per the act, the transport commissioner is the head of the transport department. Further, he is responsible for the functioning of RTO offices in the state.
How to get vehicle insurance in Odisha?
In the first place, vehicle insurance for new vehicles can be obtained through the dealer. Further, a vehicle owner can also purchase insurance from companies. The state of Odisha has various government and private insurance companies that sell vehicle insurance. Further, two highly recommended types of vehicle insurance are third party and comprehensive insurance plans.
The above –mentioned insurance plans provide coverage against various damages. It also protects the buyer from damages caused to property and person. Lastly, valid vehicle insurance is mandatory for vehicle registration in the state.
Odisha RTO Codes with Office Locations
In the state of Odisha there are thirty-four functionally RTO offices. These offices are located in various districts in the state of Odisha. Further, RTO code Odisha starts with the letter OD. OD stands for the state in which the vehicle was registered.
List of Odisha district RTO code is as follow:
|TO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|Balasore||OD 01||Rayagada||OD 18|
|Bhubaneswar||OD 02||Angul||OD 19|
|Balangir||OD 03||Gajapati||OD 20|
|Chandikhole||OD 04||Jagatsinghpur||OD 21|
|Cuttack||OD 05||Bhadrak||OD 22|
|Dhenkanal||OD 06||Jharsuguda||OD 23|
|Ganjam||OD 07||Nabarangpur||OD 24|
|Kalahandi||OD 08||Nayagarh||OD 25|
|Keonjhar||OD 09||Nuapada||OD 26|
|Koraput||OD 10||Boudh||OD 27|
|Mayurbhanj||OD 11||Debagarh||OD 28|
|Phulabani||OD 12||Kendrapada||OD 29|
|Puri||OD 13||Malkangiri||OD 30|
|Rourkela||OD 14||Sonepur||OD 31|
|Sambalpur||OD 15||Bhanjanagar||OD 32|
|Sundergarh||OD 16||Bhubaneswar-II||OD 33|
|Baragarh||OD 17||Jajpur||OD 34|
Types of Vehicle Registration in Odisha
The two main types of vehicle registration in Odisha are temporary and permanent registration. Temporary registration is only to identify the vehicles. On the other hand, permanent registration is mandatory for all vehicles in India.
Vehicles must get permanently registered in the state that the vehicle is used in. Similarly, all vehicles being used in Odisha must be registered in the RTO office of the state. Further, the person registering his vehicle must visit the RTO office in the area.
For more information on the Odisha RTO code checks the above table. The table contains RTO office locations and codes for easy reference.
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Odisha?
There are four simple steps involved in registering a motor vehicle in Odisha. These steps are as follow:
- Obtain the application form for vehicle registration. The application form is available online and offline. Further, the applicant can visit the RTO office in the area or download the same from the official website. RTO Odisha onlineservices are offered through its official website.
- Next, fill the application form duly and sign the same.
- The third step is visiting the RTO office with a filled application form and submitting the same. At the time of submission make sure to attest the supporting documents.
- Finally, pay the fee and Odisha RTO tax to complete the process.
Functions of Odisha Transport Department (OD Transport)
The five major functions of the Odisha transport department are as follow:
- Registration of vehicles (temporary and permanent) including renewal and changes. It also issues trade certificates, NOC, duplicate copy, registration codes.
- Issue of a permit for private and commercial vehicles running in and outside the state
- Taxes collection
- Collection of fees and penalties such as license, permit, pollution testing
- Finally, imposing and implementing the rules and regulations of the act.
Apart from this, the transport department’s functions include maintaining a database. The database contains Odisha RTO vehicle details.
Documents Required for Registering a Motor Vehicle in Odisha
- As mentioned before, the main document for vehicle registration is the application form ( FORM 20)
- Along with this two other forms need to be submitted ( FORM 21, 22) for the roadworthiness of the vehicle
- Then, the documents relating to the vehicle owner such as an address, identify proof
- Valid insurance and pollution under control certificate
- In case of vehicle purchased under a loan, FORM 35 must be submitted
- Also, STA vehicle must submit design approval by the state transport commissioner
- Lastly, for imported vehicle submission of a custom clearance certificate is mandatory
Once all documents are submitted, the RTO authority conducts a vehicle inspection. It later issues a registration number. Odisha RTO registration no Search helps in obtaining all information regarding the vehicle. As RC issued after registration contains all details of the vehicle.
Documents Required for Getting a Permanent RC from the OD RTO
The list of documents required for obtaining a permanent RC from Odisha RTO is the same as vehicle registration. But in case the vehicle owner had previously obtained a temporary RC, the same must be submitted.
Further, a vehicle is registered only after a successful inspection of all documents. The RTO office also issues a registration number to the vehicle registered. Furthermore, all essential details of the vehicle are noted in a registration certificate. RTO vehicle information Odisha can be found through the RC book of the vehicle.
Documents Required for Getting a temporary RC from the OD RTO
- Application form 20 and Form 21, 22
- Address proof of the vehicle owner
- PAN or Form 60/61 of the vehicle owner for four-wheelers
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Insurance copy and PUC for the vehicle
- Lastly, the application fee.
In the case of temporary vehicle registration, the RC book is not issued.
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Odisha?
There are two types of vehicle ownership transfer in Odisha. The first type of vehicle transfer takes place within the state. Further, the second type of vehicle ownership transfer is for vehicles purchased outside the state.
Furthermore, for vehicles purchased outside the state, the procedure of transfer is longer. The person must obtain a NOC from the traffic department. He should also get his vehicle re-registered in the state of Odisha by paying road tax. Odisha RTO RC search is the best way to find the details of the vehicle you want to purchase.
Lastly, the main reasons for vehicle ownership transfer are purchase, death and auction.
Documents Required To Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Odisha
- The application form for transfer of vehicle ownership in Odisha is Form 29. Also, the form number can vary depending on the type of vehicle transfer.
- The original registration certificate for the vehicle
- Valid address proof of the vehicle owner
- A photo ID proof of the vehicle owner
- A NOC from the original RTO office or the state authority
- Next, insurance and PUC for the vehicle
- In case of vehicle purchased under the loan, NOC from the financer
- Proof of the road tax paid in case of transfer within the state
- Lastly, the vehicle ownership transfer fee
Contact Details of Odisha RTO
The head of the transport department under which RTO offices fall is the Office of transport commissioner. Hence, the contact details for the office of transport commissioner are as follow:
Address: 6th Floor, Rajaswa Bhawan, Cuttack – 753002, Odisha
Phone number: 91-671-2507042
Email ID: email@example.com
Website: Further, for local RTO offices contact details visit the official website. The official website of the Odisha transport department is http://orissatransport.nic.in
RTO Codes of Other States of India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|