To begin with, RTO Telangana is the government authority in the state. Its aim function is issuing of driving license and vehicle registration. Further, registration of vehicles at TS RTO is mandatory for the use of the vehicle. Also, TS RTO online services are available in the state.
Read through the article to learn more about RTO functions and services. The article will provide detailed information about TS RTO registration.
Telangana (TS) RTO
As mentioned earlier, the word RTO stands for regional transport office. Further, TS RTO stands for Telangana state RTO. The official government authority RTO is an important part of the transport office. Furthermore, the organization duties include registration of vehicles. As per the motor vehicle act of India, no vehicle can be used without registration.
How to get vehicle insurance in Telangana?
In the first place, obtaining vehicle insurance is mandatory in India. As per the rules of registration submission of valid insurance, a copy is necessary. In other words, in absence of insurance copy registration is not possible. However, obtaining vehicle insurance is easy in Telangana state. Vehicle insurance is issued by private insurance companies and by dealers.
Furthermore, there are various types of vehicle insurance. But choosing a comprehensive insurance plan is important. Comprehensive vehicle insurance provides full coverage against damages.
Telangana RTO Codes and Office Locations
Telangana is one of the new states formed in India. Further, the state includes multiple RTO offices in various locations. Visiting these RTO offices is mandatory for the registration of vehicles. However, choose the RTO office location based on the address of the owner. Furthermore, the Telangana RTO code and locations are divided as per the district.
The list of Telangana RTO codes and Office Locations are as follow:
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|Adilabad district||TS-01||Mancherial district||TS-19|
|Karimnagar district||TS-02||Kumaram Bheem Asifabad district||TS-20|
|Warangal Urban district||TS-03||Jagtial district||TS-21|
|Khammam district||TS-04||Peddapalli district||TS-22|
|Nalgonda district||TS-05||Sircilla district||TS-23|
|Mahbubnagar district||TS-06||Warangal (rural) district||TS-24|
|Ranga Reddy||TS-07||Jayashankar Bhupalpally district||TS-25|
|Medchal-Malkajgiri District||TS-08||Mahabubabad district||TS-26|
|Hyderabad Central||TS-09||Jangaon district||TS-27|
|Hyderabad North||TS-10||Bhadradri Kothagudem district||TS-28|
|Hyderabad East||TS-11||Suryapet district||TS-29|
|Hyderabad South||TS-12||Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district||TS-30|
|Hyderabad West||TS-13||Nagarkurnool district||TS-31|
|Reserved for Hyderabad||TS-14||Wanaparthy district||TS-32|
|Sangareddy district||TS-15||Jogulamba Gadwal district||TS-33|
|Nizamabad district||TS-16||Vikarabad district||TS-34|
|Kamareddy district||TS-17||Medak district||TS-35|
|Nirmal district||TS-18||Siddipet district||TS-36|
Types of Vehicle Registration in Telangana
The vehicle registration in Telangana is divided mainly into two types. They are permanent and temporary registration vehicle registration. Furthermore, registering a vehicle is mandatory in India.
- Permanent registration: It is a widely used type of vehicle registration in Telangana. The registration of a vehicle permanently is necessary for obtaining an RC certificate. Further, a Registration Certificate is permission for driving any vehicle on the road.
- Temporary Registration: The next type of vehicle registration offered by RTO TS is a temporary one. Temporary registration of the vehicle is valid only for one month. Appointment for temporary registration can be taken through RTO slot booking TS. Lastly, this type of registration is necessary only when a person is moving.
Furthermore, Telangana RTO registration status can be checked either online or offline.
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Telangana?
As stated repeatedly in the article, motor vehicle registration is mandatory in Telangana. Further, the registration of any motor vehicle is carried out at an RTO office. The location and codes of RTO offices in Telangana are listed above. Furthermore, for registering a motor vehicle an application form is submitted to the RTO office.
Along with the application form, submit all the necessary documents. Lastly, the application for registration must be filed within 30 days of vehicle purchase. Also, registration of a vehicle is necessary for obtaining RTO vehicle information TS.
After successful submission and vehicle inspection, the RTO office will issue an RC.
Functions of Telangana Transport Department (TS Transport)
The functions of the RTO office in the state of Telangana are as follow:
- Issue of driving license: RTO office is the only authority in the state with the power to issue a license. Further, the RTO issues driving licenses to all eligible applicants. However, the person applying for a driving license visits the RTO office. Furthermore, a person can avail RTO Telangana slot booking service to obtain an appointment with the officer.
- Registration of vehicle: the next important function of Telangana RTO is registration of the vehicle. Further, RTO issues an RC – Registration certificate for all vehicles registered at the office.
- Issuing of CC: obtaining of clearance certificate – RTO Telangana is mandatory for all vehicles running in the state. A clearance certificate is issued for the transfer of vehicles
- Fitness Certificate: Apart from this certificate, the RTO also issued a fitness certificate and vehicle permit. A vehicle permit is necessary for all commercial vehicles. TS RTO passing of inspection is mandatory for issuing of a permit.
- Fee and Tax Collection: Collection of vehicle tax, fees and other penalties.
Documents Required to Register a Motor Vehicle in Telangana
RTO office of Telangana carries out the registration of all motor vehicles. The lists of documents required for registering a motor vehicle in Telangana are as follow:
- Application form – Form 20
- Sales certificate of the vehicle – Form 21
- The roadworthiness of the vehicle – Form 22 issued by the manufacturer of the vehicle
- Ex-army vehicles require additional sales certificate for the concerned authority
- Proof of address of the vehicle owner
- Pollution under control certificate for the vehicle
- In case of imported vehicles – custom clearance certificate
- Lastly, application fee along with road tax for the vehicle through Telangana RTO challan
After submission of the documents, the RTO office will carry out an inspection. Later on, they will issue a registration certificate for the vehicle. Lastly, TS RTO e challan service is provided for paying fees.
Documents required to get Permanent RC from the TS RTO
The documents required for obtaining permanent RC from TS RTO are similar to the registration of the vehicle.
- Form 21 and 21 issued by the dealer and manufacturer of the vehicle respectively
- Also for ex-army vehicles original sales certificate from the concerned authority
- PAN card or Form 60/61 of the vehicle owner
- A valid insurance certificate for the vehicle
- Vehicle engine number and chassis number written in an official form
- Address proof of the owner along with a PUC certificate for the vehicle
- Lastly, design approval copy for a trailer, STA and semi-trailer vehicles
Documents Required Getting a Temporary RC from the MP RTO
Apart from permanent RC, RTO also provides temporary RC. However, the validity of a temporary registration certificate is for one month. Also, this type of registration is only for those vehicles that are planning to move.
The list of documents for temporary registration certificate is as follow:
- A photocopy of the sale certificate of the vehicle in form 21
- Form 22 photocopies – issued by the manufacturer of the vehicle. This form provided with roadworthiness of the vehicle
- Valid insurance certificate for the vehicle – photocopy
- Pollution under control certificate for the vehicle
- Copy of design approval for STA and other semi-trailer vehicles
- Custom clearance certificate for imported vehicles
- Also original sale certificate for the vehicle of the ex-army issued by the concerned authority.
- Lastly, address proof for the owner of the vehicle
Lastly, the fee for temporary registration of the vehicle is less in comparison to permanent registration.
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Telangana?
Transfer of vehicle ownership in Telangana is carried out through RTO. Any person willing to transfer his vehicle ownership must submit an application form. Usually, vehicle ownership is transferred in case of death, auction or second-hand purchase. In either of these cases, the vehicle must be transferred within thirty days.
Documents Required To Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Telangana
- Form 30 and Form 29 RTO Telangana – application for ownership transfer
- Form 35 RTO Telangana – for vehicles purchased on loan. Also must provide a no-objection certificate signed by the financer.
- Registration certificate of the vehicle
- Valid insurance certificate of the vehicle
- Pollution under control certificate
- PAN card for four-wheeler vehicle
- The death certificate of the previous owner – if applicable
- No objection certificate from RTO – in case the vehicle was previously registered in a different state
- Affidavit stating the sale and purchase of the vehicle
- Address proof of the new owner and photographs
- Lastly, application fee and road tax
Contact Details of Telangana RTO
TS RTO codes are listed above in the article. These codes help contact RTO offices in the state. Also, the phone numbers of the offices can be found at RTO Telangana website. Usually, RTO offices are open between 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
RTO Codes of Other States of India
RTO Codes for Union Territories
|Name of the Union Territory||Code of RTO|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||DN|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|